How to Make Simple Stir Fry Noodles
Chow Mien, Stir Fry Noodle, or Hong Kong noodle is a common and popular food in Singapore. You have noodles from the Economical Bee Hoon, Hong Kong Noodle from the Tze Char. And of course, us being here, we miss these yummy delicacies.
French Menu: Le Sauté de nouilles
Singapore Menu: Stir Fry Noodle or Hong Kong Noodle
Chinese Menu: 炒面 / 香港面
There are a few types of noodles, what you can buy is Egg Noodles from the Supermarket. Some too thin are for Wanton Noodles (Mee Kia). This is slightly thicker than Wanton Noodles.
This time we prepared a simple Stir Fry Noodle with Bean Sprouts and some vegetables.
See what some of our starved guest have to say:
Sometimes you eat rice until sian, it's good to have a switch to noodles. Got different pattern also mah.
Hong Kong Noodle sold for S$4 nowadays, cooking it so much cheaper.
Knowledge of cooking noodle is a must have if you are staying overseas. Shiok!
Simple Stir Fry Noodles
- 100g - 150g of Noodle
- 3 cloves of minced Garlic
- 1 Onion Sliced thinly (Optional)
- 1 tbsp Oyster Sauce (Mixture Sauce)
- 1 tbsp Dark Soya Sauce (Mixture Sauce)
- 1 tbsp Light Soya Sauce (Mixture Sauce)
- 1 tsp Fishsauce (Mixture Sauce)
- 1 tbsp Hua Diao Wine (Mixture Sauce)
- 2 tsp of sesame Oil (Mixture Sauce)
- 1 tsp of sugar (Mixture Sauce)
- 1 tbsp of Chilli Sauce or thai sriracha sauce (Optional)
- 2 tbsp Oil for Noodles
- 1 tbsp Oil for Stir Fry Egg (Optional)
- 3 Eggs (Omelette Recipe)
- 25g - 50g of Bean Sprouts
- Boil the noodles for 4-5 mins depending on the instructions given. Rinse with cold water, drain and put aside
- Mixed 3 Eggs into a bowl for the Omelette.
- Once the eggs are done, fry them into smaller pieces and set aside.
- Add 2 tbsp of Oil into the wok, add in the garlic and Onion.
- Stir fry for 2 mins, and add in the noodles.
- Using Chopstick, spread evenly the noodles on the wok so it will not stick together - on medium heat for 3 mins
- Add in the mixture sauce, the eggs, bean sprouts or any vegetables you want to have. Stir Fry for 2-3 mins.
- Voila! Serve hot.