4 Pre-relocation Arrangements You Should Know And never COI your car at cost
Often, what makes us headache the most is the arrangement of home matters. Things like your Housing arrangement, Pets arrangement, your bills, your education etc. They are a few options to the arrangement. Pick the one that suits you best.
If you own a house or HDB in Singapore, these are some options that you can arrange.
Selling your house will depends on alot of factors. And if you are relocating for a long term or short term.
- Your Financial
- The market value of your house
- Timeline, If you are in a hurry to sell your house, you may lower bargaining power as time is your constraints.
- MOP (Minimum occupation Period) - if you are a HDB owner, have you fulfilled your MOP, 5 Years for HDB. (READ)
- Guide to Selling your House (READ)
If you will be relocating for a short term, this is a viable option. As the rent may be able to cover your loan installment. Take note of the repair fees to set aside when you return.
- Is the rent enough to cover the loan & repair cost?
- Renting out the house also increases your property tax. (READ)
- Are you eligible to rent our your HDB (READ)
- Will renting your rooms instead of the whole unit be more viable?
- A Tenancy Agreement Template (Download)
What if you want to rent out but you have not fulfilled your MOP?
Well, you can email to HDB and request for approval to rent out your premises. What you usually need is a letter from your company notifying of your relocation. However, your MOP will be delayed. (READ)
- FAMILY / RELATIVES / FRIENDS
You may also opt for this option if you have no plans to sell your house or rent. Families or relatives will and can help you to take care of the house, only if you are comfortable.
- Leaving it Empty
You sure anot? Your loan who pay? Your Property Tax?