Prawn and Pork Rib Bee Hoon Soup With Kang Kong! (Final Kang Kong Series)
French Menu: Soupe de Vermicelle Riz aux Crevettes et Au Porc avec Kang Kong
Singapore Menu: Prawn and Pork Rib Bee Hoon Soup with Kang Kong
Chinese Menu: 排骨虾米粉汤
Welcome to the final Kang Kong series. Because we have leftover Kang Kong for Day 4, it isn't enough for 2 servings, and it's abit challenging to cook 1 serving as well. Why not have Kang Kong go with some main dish.
My mum gave me this idea, why not Kang Kong and Prawn Noodle Soup? It definitely taste good.
But then hor, in France wanna get noodle is not easy. Because I do not know when I will cook some special menu to go with it. (I bought Kway Tiao few weeks back and it turn mouldy).
So in my cupboard I have dried food. Bee Hoon is one of them , so I can store them longer.
Prawn Stock also not easy to make as well. Where to get so many Prawn Head and Shell when we 2 person can only eat probably 3-4 per servings?
My Prawn Head and Shells are accumulated and stored in the freezer probably 2-3 months ago when I prepared some Prawn dishes.
Presenting Sens Prawn Bee Hoon Soup!
See what some of our starved guest have to say:
No rice, Rice vermicelli also can lah! Most important must have the Rice Word.
In France Supermarket, the uncooked prawns more expensive than the Orange one lehs.
Eating Soup stuffs in Cold weather definitely makes your day less cold! Warm the stomach!
Prawn and Pork Rib Bee Hoon Soup
- 500g Pork Rib
- 1 Kg Large Prawns or Tiger Prawns (Prawn Head and Shell set aside)
- Some Kang Kong (Cut into 2-3 Inches, Optional)
- Bean Sprouts (optional)
- 3 Tbsp Oil
- 5 Cloves Minced Garlic
- 2 Star Anise
- 1-2 tbsp of Sugar / Rock Sugar / Brown Sugar
- A dash of White Pepper
- 1 tbsp Dark Soya Sauce
- 1 tbsp Fish Sauce
- 50g Fried Shallot (For serving)
- 50g Shallot (for frying with Prawn Heads)
- 2 Slice for Ginger
- 200g Beehoon / Yellow Noodle (Bee Hoon soaked for at least 20 mins)
- 2 Litres of Water
- Wash the prawns, peel, remove the head and shell. Set aside. (Devein is optional)
- In a pot, boil the pork rib while preparing the other ingredients.
- In a frying pan, add oil and Sauté the shallots, garlic until fragrant
- Add the Prawn Head and shells. Stir fry for 3-5 minutes.
- Blend the Prawn Shell as fine as possible so that it is easy to extract the essences of the prawn. (This step is optional if you do not have a blender)
- Transfer the blended prawn into the pot of Pork Rib.
- Boil in low to medium heat for at least 1 hour.
- Add the Dark Sauce Sauce, Sugar, Fish Sauce.
- Before serving, blanc the prawns, Kang Kong, Bean Sprouts, Bee Hoon / Noodle)
- Put swee swee on the bowl.
- Using a Strainer, Pour Prawn Stock to the bowl of Bee Hoon.
- Add in your fried Shallots for maximum enjoyment!