Sambal Kang Kong (Kang Kong Series Day 1) Le Épicé Sambal Kangkong
French Menu: Le Épicé Sambal Kangkong
Singapore Menu: Sambal Kang Kong
Chinese Menu: 马来风光
Just visited Tang Feres over the weekend. We stocked up some ingredients for the week, bought alot of Soya Bean drink and of course, bought Kang Kong (Water Spinach) as well.
Kang Kong in France seems like very expensive. It cost €10.50 (S$16) for a KG of it! In Singapore, Sheng Shiong sells 80 cents for like 250g. S$3.20 for 1 Kg!
Wet Market sells at a even cheap rate!
What to do right? You miss eating Asian vegetables, so gotta pay abit more.
So we have 500g of Kang Kong to be cooked over 3-4 days. So let's see what are the different ways to cook this Kang Kong.
Of course, Sambal is the #1 cooking style associated with Kang Kong in Singapore. We definitely have to prepare this dish here.
See what some of our starved guest have to say:
I love to eat Kang Kong! In Singapore, you go order Tze Char, this one standard dish one, if you like spicy stuffs.
Go with Rice, superb lah!
You see the Sambal so hard to prepare, I think it's easy to get the Prima Taste Sambal pack.
Cheap and good, serves 2-3 somemore.
Kang Kong must eat with Sambal.
Ah bo why call sambal Kang Kong!?
Click Here for Recipe and Instructions
Sambal Kang Kong
- 200g - 250g of Kang Kong
- 3 Cloves of Minced Garlic
- 1 tsp of sugar
- 2 tsp of Oil
- 2 tbsp of Water
- Sambal Chilli ( Where to buy )
- 1 Tsp Dried Shrimp Paste
- 1/2 tbsp of dried shrimp (soaked)
Or Sambal B
- Get the Prima Taste - Sambal Belachan Sauce (Abit spicy)
- Cut the Kang Kong, Stems in 1 inch - 1.5inches, Leaf part in 2-3 Inches. Separate, then wash and dry. and he kangkong leaves from the stems. Wash and dry by using a salad spinner or air dry.
- Heat oil in wok, add prepared sambal chilli (A or B) and garlic, and stir fry until fragrant.
- Add kangkong stems. Stir fry for 1 minute and add the remaining leaves.
- Stir fry until desired preference, add 2 tbsp of water and pinch of sugar, stir for 30 seconds on high heat.
- Serve immediately with White Rice
Side Dish to your dinner / lunch. Serves well with White Rice.
Part Time Hawker