Spicy Pork Cubes With Kang Kong (Kang Kong Series Day 2) Les Cubes de Porc épicé Avec Kang Kong
French Menu: Les Cubes de Porc épicé Avec Kang Kong
Singapore Menu: Spicy Pork Cubes with Kang Kong
Chinese Menu: 应菜炒辣油猪肉丁 ^(*￣(oo)￣)^
Welcome to Day 2 of our Kang Kong series. This will probably last 3 days. Check out our 1st Day Sambal Kang Kong Recipe.
We are creating this series because Asian Vegetables are sold in bigger portion in Tang Freres. Of course, do let us know if there are places that are sold at smaller portions, we probably consider buying them. CHEAPER one please!
From Facebook, we were actually asking for ways to prepare this Kang Kong dish. We have suggestions like Fermented Bean Curd with Kang Kong, Oyster Sauce Kang Kong, XO Sauced Garlic Kang Kong and also, Cuttlefish Kang Kong.
As my wife was not so hungry, so I decide to combine a meat and Kang Kong and whip up a #1dishdinner. But with Kang Kong, it is a challenge. Not many meat go well with Kang Kong.
I was ransacking my cupboard for ideas and I saw the legendary famous, "Bak Ding" 肉丁 ！
I think the spiciness in the Pork Cube should be enough to go with Kang Kong especially just for 2 person (with 1 not so hungry).
Well here we go! (Voila!)
See what some of our starved guest have to say:
Bak Ding is 1 of the popular canned food in Singapore. Well with Porridge or Rice.
When I was young, Bak Ding only cost S$1, now it cost more than S$2. So expensive lor!
It's definitely a great idea to prepare #1dishdinner with this recipe.
Spicy Pork Cubes with Kang Kong
- 200g - 250g of Kang Kong
- 3 Cloves of Minced Garlic
- 1 tsp of sugar
- 2 tsp of Oil
- 2 tbsp of Water
- Cut the Kang Kong, Stems in 1 inch - 1.5inches, Leaf part in 2-3 Inches. Separate, then wash and dry. and he kangkong leaves from the stems. Wash and dry by using a salad spinner or air dry.
- Heat oil in wok, add Spicy Pork Cube in the wok and Garlic as well. Sauté for 2-3 mins in high heat.
- Add kangkong stems. Stir fry for 1 minute and add the remaining leaves.
- Stir fry until desired preference, add 2 tbsp of water and pinch of sugar, stir for 30 seconds on high heat.
- Serve immediately with White Rice
Side Dish to your dinner / lunch. Serves well with White Rice.
Part Time Hawker