How to Cook White Rice for 2 Person? Always headache to cook for 1-2 person right?
French Menu: Le Riz Blanc
Singapore Menu: White Rice
Chinese Menu: 白米饭
Rice is a common and compulsory food for Chinese. Especially for Chinese man like me, I would usually have rice for most of my meals.
And it is also a headache to cook for 1-2 person portion.
Just month before I came over to France, I didn't know how to cook white rice. I try a few attempts, is either to soggy or the rice got burnt. So I google online how not to burn the rice and chance upon this experiment.
There are many methods to cook rice, but now is how to cook rice for 1-2 person?
Do you need a small rice cooker? But what if you need to cook rice for 4-6 person? Do you need to buy a bigger cooker again?
Here, I use the Steamer Method to steam rice instead of using cooker. Because my cooker always produce burnt rice. So I gave up and use the steamer method instead.
And you can even cook for 1 person share using this method.
Moreover, it cost €2 for a small bowl of White Rice in a nearby Asian Restaurant. Siao bo ?
What you need?
- Small to Medium Size Rice Bowl - Small Enough to put in the Pot
- Pot (with a small rack) or Steamer Pot
- Hot Dish Tongs
Click Here for Recipe and Instructions
- 1 Cup of Rice (For 1-2 Person)
- Water (1:1 Ratio)
- Wash the Rice. Rise in water for at least 2 times
- Filter away the water. Using a Strainer if you have
- Add Water to bowl. Water Ratio is 1 Cup of Water to 1 Cup of Rice
- Put in the Pot . Filled with 1-2 bowls of water. Enough for steaming. Steam in Medium to High Heat for 20mins
- Serve immediately . Take out the bowl using a Hot Dish Tongs.
Simple and Easy.
Part Time Hawker